Love this article about the --> 10 Ways to Prepare Yourself for Computer Science at a University!
If you’re thinking about a CS degree, these are some great tips for taking the next steps before college. Even if you’re pursuing a related field or something COMPLETELY different, many of these steps still apply!
1. Determine What Computer Science Means to You
2. Hone Your Craft and Build a Skillset
3. Know Your Resources
4. If You Want to Go Fast, Go Alone; If You Want to Go Far, Go Together
5. Train Your Mental Discipline
6. Learn to Use GitHub
7. Keep a Progress Log Portfolio
8. Try a Hackathon
9. Experiment With Different Preparation Ideas
10. It’s Not a Race — It’s a Lifestyle
Anything else you would add? Are you getting ready to take the plunge? We’d love to hear about what you’re wanting to do!