Vidcode Troubleshooting Tips

Vidcode Troubleshooting Tips

In this section, we will post tips for troubleshooting our most common Vidcode issues. If you come across a technical roadblock or system hiccup, bring your questions here for expert and community advice!

Two students in this morning Computer Science 101 class were trying to start Tutorial 4: Code a Snapchat Filter. When they tried to do step 1 - load a background video - all they saw was a black screen. We troubleshot several things (try a different media element, hit reload, log out and back into the system, try doing the same in the Coding Sandbox) and nothing seemed to work. They added more code and nothing changed on the output screen. I know at least one of them was using a Chrome browser.
The same thing happened to me when I was testing a different tutorial 2 weeks ago. I came back an hour later and everything worked fine. Of course, it’s more awkward during class when everyone else is able to finish that tutorial and move into the next one.
Do you know why they got this glitch? What’s your advice if this happens again?
Thank you for any suggestions.

Thanks for your question @ctorg. This issue is likely happening due to the wrong URL being used. If you or your students are seeing a black screen, please double check that you are accessing the site from https://www.vidcode.com.

Please keep me posted if you have any additional questions!